Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Update (A day late!)

I had an awesome weekend!

Friday night D and I went for margaritas after work...it had been far too long. We say a lot of things in the office but some things are just better said over a basket of chips and salsa and a yummy, salty drink. After that I went home and hung out with WallE before an old friend stopped by. I haven't seen him in over a year and the last time I did he was in the hospital after a terrible car accident. He is all better now and we spent a couple of hours catching up.

Saturday morning J and I went to Target, lunch, Home Depot, pedicures, cop chasing (HA! Such a bad idea but we had to know what was going on!) and then to visit her husband for a second. I got a black sparkly polish and she did a sparkly pink..then she says "Look, I am Glenda the good witch and you are the wicked witch of the west!" Hmmm, and I am friends with this girl...what am I thinking. And this after she bossed me around with the cart at Home Depot. :) I went home and cleaned the house a little and painted my wall with four different colors...I still can't decide which one to use yet? Then the gang came over for some cocktails. A & J came (always) and with them A's step son and her cousin who is home from college. I haven't seen him in a long time so it was nice to harass him for a while. Old friend came back over too with another guy. We (I) had lots of wine, made a random early morning trip to Taco Bell (I did not drive) and stayed up until 3:30 in the morning...WHAT! :)

Sunday we rolled out of bed at 8:00 - I have NO IDEA WHY? A & J and the cousin and son stayed the night so we crashed all over the house. I made us frappes with the new toy...YUM and then everyone left around 10:00. The babies came home at 11:00 with some fresh loser news...FUN! After we headed to A's for a party with some other friends, took the boys for hair cuts, ran an errand for my now out of town father and then came home to make dinner so DC and the kids could come over and we could catch up. Baby L fell asleep and I got to snuggle him on the couch forever..so cute! Then they headed off to home and I crawled into my snuggly soft bed with WallE and crashed around 10:00. I love you bed!

While I loved all the activities of the weekend..my favorite part? Having so many awesome friends. I love them all dearly and have so much fun. We laugh a lot, make fun of each other, have the most inappropriate conversations EVER! At the end of the day, I know I could call any of them with my troubles and they would be there at a moments notice. I would do the same for them...not even a second thought! I was missing a few of my favorite people this weekend but it was still extraordinary fun doing ordinary things. :)

WORK SUCKS today and I hate PTD for being an idiot but since my weekend was so lovely I am not going to ruin my good memories with talk of that...maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment