Monday, January 25, 2010

Better late than never?

My weekend wasn't complete until this afternoon so I wanted to wait before I got it all out. Yes, I still had to work today but that is nothing special.

Friday night the boys and I did come home and have dinner and do laundry but then we decided Target and some Big Spoon should be added to the nights festivities so we did. :) That was about it too.

Saturday was sleep-in day. Or it was going to be. I woke up at 7:00 to an eight year old sitting on my head explaining to me that it was indeed 7:00 and he might starve to death. I convinced him, or rather the dog did, that we should spend some time in bed first. He lounged with me for about a half hour and then was done with that nonsense. :) Up we got, N got up soon after and our day got underway. I cleaned and they played...typical! Later that night they went to spend the night with A and had way lots of fun! I went out with Old Friend to dinner and a movie. We had some tasty sushi, a quick trip to Starbucks and then off to see Avatar in 3D at the IMAX theater. The movie was much more than I expected and I really loved it. I am glad our seats were in the back...too close would have been bad. The movie was LATE! It was going to start at 10:30 (still way late) but we didn't even get into the theater until after 10:30. One of the best parts of the evening? Watching the crazy girls hitting the clubs wearing NOTHING! Are you kidding me? It was freezing and these were skinny bitches! I had jeans, boots, a sweater and jacket complete with scarf and I was still cold...I have some substantial insulation people! These hoecakes forgot pants for crying out loud. Well, clearly I have been doing it wrong - if that is what it takes I am waving the white flag...NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! :) We hit Taco Bell on the way home - hello cinnamon twists (wonder where all that insulation comes from?)! At that point it was almost 3:00 in the morning. He left and I checked my messages. BAD NEWS! I waited to make sure he got home ok and then tried to sleep - at this point it is almost 4:00 in the morning and I now had to be up a 6:00.

My new six-week old nephew was going to have surgery. He had a tummy issue and they needed to fix it ASAP. That would be Sunday morning by 8:00. I wanted to snuggle him before hand and be there for my sister and her family so I got up two hours later and threw on some clothes, brushed my teeth and my hair (sort of) and was out the door. It was a tough day all around, even if I had slept. I txt'd A to make sure the boys were good for the morning and she ended up keeping them most of the day so I could take a short nap after the hospital (THANK YOU!). Baby N came out of surgery like a champ! I stayed until he was fully awake and had a bottle before I left around 2:00 that afternoon. I came home slept for a couple hours and then the babies came home. We hung out the rest of the evening while I waited for confirmation that they had released the baby and all was well. Instead I got a call that he was throwing up again and they were staying. Hence the delay. This afternoon he was released and all is fine..WOOHOO, Thank GOD!

Sadly, I am so ready for it to be Friday already.

1 comment:

  1. Glad Baby N is doing okay! What a scary day...