Sunday, November 8, 2009

Best Laid Plans

This weekend I was going to catch up on some MUCH needed house work. Well, it is after 5:00 on Sunday and I have yet to get a grip on that! :)

Friday night D and I went and had drinks and then checked out the sale at Old Navy. After I went to T's house to help get ready for her sons party the next day. I ended up staying way later that I thought I would. Came home and chilled out a little.

Saturday morning I woke up and decided to just watch a little TV before I got going. I had almost two weeks of Tivo saved. A little TV turned into hours of TV. I honestly do not recall the last time I laid in bed and just watched TV...uninterrupted! I took a quick shower and started cleaning up the yard when the boys came home earlier than I thought. Ok by me! We went to the party and had a blast! After S came over so her mom could go on a date with her husband! :) We rented a movie and had popcorn and candy "like we were at the movies". Again, no cleaning occurred other than random scrubbing of the grout and some dog brushing. J & N brought me a "present" from the party...so funny!

This morning we got up and had breakfast and hung out a bit. I got a jump start on my eleventeen million loads of laundry and then before I knew it the kids wanted to watch a movie together. So, we did! N fell asleep so E and I went and hung out on my bed with WallE and then N woke up and we all watched another movie together. LOVE the family time!

I also watched Dirty Dancing. I LOVE THAT MOVIE! I haven't seen it since Johnny Castle passed away. I made me really sad for some reason. Maybe it was just that kind of day but I actually ended up crying. I still love the moving it was just bittersweet I guess. I now have a large mountain of clean laundry that is so not going to fold itself. Its funny, in my apartment I really didn't care. We never had enough room for everything so I figured it really didn't matter but now it seems to drive me crazy. Not enough today to get cracking on it but I will. Soon...I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment