Saturday, September 12, 2009

What just happened?

This last week was NUTS! It started last weekend. I cleaned house, painted walls, tables and the grass (accidentally) and did major yard work. Top that off with taking my ex-husband to the ER!?! Yeah, I still can't wrap my head around that one! Monday we snuggled down in our clean house and slept the day away before our crazy week started.

Tuesday our audit began at work. Lots of people, computers and drama followed. Smack in the middle was Back to School night (fun!) It's odd to use a word like drama when talking about work but that is the best word I can think of. I made for a long week! Thursday was of course the season opener of the NFL and my man was on TV. Not just the sidelines but actually playing. I do so love to watch him play. We had to take the audit team to dinner so I missed the live game. :( I recorded it to watch later and randomly checked the score on my Blackberry. Most of the audit team were male so they thought it hilarious that the one girl in the group was the one checking the score.

D and I decided we should cap the strangeness off with margarita madness on Friday. IT WAS AWESOME! WHY? Well margaritas were had by all but I got carded! It was hilarious! I am WELL over the legal drinking age and I look it. After I ran some errands and picked out N's b-day present. How is my baby a few short days from 6!

I guess in light of the crazy week I didn't realize that Friday was 9/11. I mentioned before how obsessed with that event I was/am. It still makes me cry to think of it. When I got home last night I watched the "As It Happened" special on MSNBC. It's strange to think that I didn't realize it was coming. It made me a little sad to think I almost forgot what a horrible, striking day in our history that was. I feel so sorry for those left to deal with the aftermath of that day. I wonder what it would be like to live in NYC or DC and see the reminder ever day.

Today we went grocery shopping and my friends daughter H is over at our house while they attend the Blink 182 concert here in town. She has the best giggle in the entire world....not to mention she is adorable. After all my hard work last weekend, our house is a mess.

I am officially the oldest living single 32 year old in history!

No comments:

Post a Comment