Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Do you believe in Santa?

E - "Mom, do you believe in Santa?"
Me - "Of course. Why do you?"
E - "Yeah, but someone said yesterday that Santa wasn't real."
Me - "What did you say?"
E - "Well he said that your mom and dad are Santa and that they go shopping while you are asleep and then hide the presents."
Me - "And, so what do you think?"
E - "I told him that I didn't think that was true. You don't leave me and N home alone at night and plus last year you got me some toys and I opened them on Christmas Eve and then on Christmas morning I had more stuff to open. And I didn't even ask you for a scooter but Santa knew I wanted one. You couldn't have bought us all that stuff"
Me - "Your right, I would never leave you and brother home alone at night."

OMG! I love how logical my little 8 year old can be. His heart wants to continue to believe so his mind is helping him out. I wish I could find ways to do the same.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment