Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I am so in LOVE! (my silly, silly post)

Everyone knows that I LOVE football. I am a huge Steeler's fan but mostly I am madly in love with Ben Roethlisberger (heavy sigh)! I am one of those that gets sad when the Super Bowl is over because that means no more Sunday's at home explaining what is going on to E & N (they love the game too)! AND - I no longer get to see my man on TV.


Of course, I have never met him. I am a fan club member and I follow his rare posts on his site. I have listened to his interviews on ESPN and so on. Yesterday was an unexpected surprise. David Letterman re-aired his interview with Big Ben the night after winning the big game. Listening to him speak makes me love him all the more - not to mention getting to see him in a suit and tie. Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of that uniform.


I really loved him at first because he was HOT (and a good player of course!). Then I read an article he wrote with SI magazine about his college football coach who was battling cancer while he was recovering from his accident. He truly loved this man and continued to keep in touch with his wife after he past away. He also did a Make-A-Wish on ESPN - he made this kids day and really seemed to enjoy spending time with him. He takes responsibility for himself on and off the field and I would love to see more role models for kids hoping to play in the big league someday.


So thank you Dave for playing the interview again and thank you Big Ben for being you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment