Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!

OMG! What a great day! Not at all what I expected my first single V-Day to be like. I knew weeks ago that I was not the kind of girl to sit home and be sad so my friend D and I planned a girls day out...it was the best Valentine's Day I remember in a long time!

Not dwelling on the past but last year I bought that special someone tickets to a concert in SF that he really wanted to see and got us a hotel close to the venue....well, he ended up inviting others to go/stay with us so it certainly wasn't romantic and well..I HATED the music. It was terrible but he really liked it and seemed to have a great time so that was all I needed (man...I SUCK! What a sap!)

Since that was just last year this V-Day didn't have much to live up to but either way it would have ROCKED! First....I wanted to do everything we had planned...no compromise was needed. We started the day with a movie - Taken. One of the best movies I have seen! Then it was off to lunch and margarita's (actually we had started that part the night before!) and then we went to a new spa and had hour long pedicures. Nothing topped off the day like Cold Stone - dark chocolate ice cream. It was a blast - we laughed a lot and just enjoyed doing what we wanted...did I mention she even brought me a present - Necco Conversation Hearts to enjoy with the movie. I don't think I ever thought of Liam as a hot guy before but after that movie..heck ya! :) I'm pretty sure she had fun too..at least I hope she did.

AND...it sounds like our other friend L who we never see or talk to anymore got a romantic SF V-Day engagement! Good for her - I can't wait to see the ring. We better get invited to the wedding! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment