Saturday, April 18, 2009

Soul Searching Saturday

Happy Weekend to all! Ours has been great so far. :)

Last night we went shopping to get my grandma her birthday present and get some groceries...lively, I know! N had a game this afternoon in the glorious 80+ degree heat. It was awesome. Thursday night I got to go have dinner with my BFF's. Yummy sushi and wine with two funny ladies. It was a great time. We talk, txt and email all the time but don't spend as much time hanging out as I would like but we make up for it when we do. I swear these are two of the best BFF's in the world. Some of the things they are willing to do (and listen to) in the name of friendship (more like chosen family-ship) are amazing.

Tomorrow is a little breakfast party for my grandma since I will be traveling next week. I promised the boys we will go to the park after and play since it should be another great day. Having said that...I so did not clean like I should have today so tomorrow is going to be a tight squeeze. Guess what? I don't care as much as I should. I would rather play at the park all day and worry about laundry just before drifting off to sleep on Sunday night wondering if I have anything to wear to work. (A benefit of being a clothes horse...I am sure I can whip something up.)

Ok...here comes the soul searching part. "Perhaps a wonderful life is more valuable when the lessons to acquire it are hard fought, and the journey is many days that feel like two steps forward and fourteen steps back." Yes, of course I read this in one of the new books I got a couple of weeks ago (No, I am not trying to become a self help guru or crazy book lady. NERD - I already got that covered.). I have read that passage several times and find that I ABSOLUTELY agree. Rumor has it that God will not give you more than you can handle right? So why do I feel like I don't handle it well...does that count? I know that if my life had turned out how I "planned" or how I thought it was going (even with a couple changes in direction) I would not be the person I am today or should I say the person I hope to be/try to be. Every time I think my life is "on-track" (whatever that means) something comes along and pushes us fourteen steps back. Maybe that is because life is never all figured out and something is supposed to come along and remind you of that so you don't get too comfortable and stop trying to be better than you were the day before. I think this is true in both my personal and professional life. I am really stepping outside my comfort zone at work (read: scared and totally unprepared) and continue to try and be a better person the rest of the time too. I have so many people in my life that help to influence this. Those who have known me forever and continue to support my decisions (even the crazy ones) and those that are newer to our less-than-normal life that seem to bring fresh eyes and opinions.

I realize that I am where I am supposed to be...it just doesn't look like the picture on the box! :) Surprise, Surprise! I love it!

Summer Sunday in April here we come! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment