Sunday, March 28, 2010

We survived!

Oh this weekend was crazy...but so amazing! :)

Friday night we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get both boys floats finished for the parade the next day. It was pretty late in the evening when we finished but it was fun and the boys were so excited for the next day. We went to bed a little late but they were up and ready to go first thing in the morning.

Saturday we were out of the house by 7:15 to drop N off with his team and then get E and I over to his. I had to ride in the float with E's team and we (the "big kids") had as much, if not more fun than the little kids. N's float ended up winning the best for his group and he got a medal. E's didn't but that's ok - he has won twice before. We then went directly to the fields for opening ceremonies...wrapped those up and then a bunch of us from E's team went out for pizza before we had to get back for our games. Both boys had to be back at the field at the same time so it worked out.

The games were good! N got to be catcher and he looked adorable buried in all that gear. E was part of a triple play and was so excited. E's team lost and some people were just stupid but our team didn't seem to care.

The weather was amazing! Everything wrapped up around 6 - about two hours later than we thought and the boys went home to spend the night with PTD. I went out on a real live date...with a man. An actual date that was not with A, N, D or J. We had a great time. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that he loved sushi - he just doesn't seem to be the type..guess I was wrong. So we went to a sushi restaurant I had never been to and it was really good. Yummy food and wine and nice conversation...that's all I am going to say about that. :) I'm still, if not more, freaked out about the whole thing. A told me to get the hell out of my own head and just get on with it already. I'm an over thinker...WAY over and she knows it. She kindly, in her very special way, dismissed all my "problems" as lame. :) MK kinda did the same thing on the phone Friday when she and I talked. Who knows...I guess we will just see what happens....YIKES!

Tomorrow my baby is 9! This day was way more relaxing than my day 9 years ago! :) We had baseball pictures, trip to Target and Petsmart and lunch with me and the boys. No labor pains in site. I am off tomorrow so we can spend the day together and then have dinner at my parents. I love you E!

No comments:

Post a Comment