Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March...my scheduled nightmare!

Monday - Gym
Tuesday - Baseball practice for the E
Wednesday - Gym for me, Awana for the little people
Thursday - Baseball practice for E...again
Friday - Baseball practice for N
Saturday - 7:45 practice for E and 2:00 practice for N (Sure, I don't need my Saturday!)

Let's figure out when to schedule in my M-F job, homework, laundry, house cleaning, grocery shopping, sleeping, school functions, parade float building, and not to mention 7 birthday parties including my own kid. That would be seven in just one month! Thinking about it all is making me nervous. I can live without the sleeping but the rest of it really isn't optional. The boys both ended up on great teams this year so that is going to be awesome. The problem is they are on different teams, different age groups but some of the games will overlap and I have to figure out how to be at both at the same time. Last year I could sit in between the two fields and watch them simultaneously. This year I can't do that - no good! We don't even have the game schedule yet but I feel like I need to get some plan in place..pronto! I spent Sunday afternoon shopping and packing my car for the season - Lots of Gatorade, sunflower seeds, sunblock, chairs, bug spray, kid gear, my practice glove...YIKES! My plan does not, in any way, shape or form, count on PTD to assist. He doesn't typically feel that being regularly involved is required. Once we get into the swing of things I am sure it will be fine but I am a panicking a little. I have to be able to have some time to work from home - I can't get my job done in the 8+ hours I am at work, I have an actual house to take care of instead of our little apartment and WallE is not a fan of being home alone at night. E isn't sure what he wants to do for his birthday this year and Easter is right around the corner too.

If I survive this with two happy kids, still employed, with a house that hasn't burned to the ground and a runaway dog, come June, I am going to take a day off! Sit around my house in my PJ's and drink wine all day. Lots of wine, chocolate and cheese! All day...alone! (I would prefer this be on a tropical island with a nice, hot native but I will settle for the above instead.) I need a nap just thinking about it. No time in the schedule for a nap...I'll add that to the list of things to do in June. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment